Lead Instructor - UX/UI Design (Talent Pool)
Our mission is to be the most outcomes-driven institution in the world at scale! We are a global marketplace for tech talent, where we offer tech bootcamps and partner with companies to impact the lives of our students in a meaningful way. We empower students to create a new career path in tech, get that next promotion, or start their own company.
- Operations in 10 locations worldwide
- Graduated over 11.000 students
- 200+ global team members
- Venture capital backed
#Why join Ironhack
Our culture is characterized by collaboration, which is the way we roll. We like to take on challenges with a smile on our face! We work in flat hierarchies with open communication. Join Ironhack and we guarantee a bootcamp-paced learning experience in a high growth environment, where together we can change the future of education!
#Our global benefits
- Learn to code, design, or analyze data: Enroll in our part-time courses for free!
- 100% employer-paid healthcare (US, Mexico, São Paulo)
- A mentor the first 3 months of onboarding
- Internal mobility to become an SME or Curriculum Engineer
- Contribute to a globally taught curriculum
- Strengthen your leadership, management, and coaching skills
- Amazing events with our students, team-building activities and company retreat
- Access to Gympass
#About the gig
We are currently creating a Talent Pool for UX/UI Lead Instructors to support our growth for our different campus locations. We are looking for people passionate about product design, but also passionate about sharing their knowledge with the next generation of designers.
The UX/UI Instructor will be responsible for:
- Oversee the whole academic experience of the Ironhack bootcamp
- Teach at our campus Full-Time or Part-Time
- Manage the Teaching Assistants to support the success of the class
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user design projects
- Collaborate with Program Managers and Outcomes Managers to ensure that students achieve their professional goals (i.e., job seeking)
- Administer assessment tasks and give students timely and accurate feedback on learning outcomes
- Prepare lesson plans that are balanced and meet the needs of the group and adjusts lesson plans to take account of learning success and difficulties
- Alternate between teaching classroom versus pairs or groups giving clear instructions
#Collaborate with Global Team
- Responsible for teaching the curriculum designed by our global education team
- Plan the lessons according to the bootcamp objectives
- Successfully create new techniques and materials, with advice from colleagues
- Work with the global team in the rollout of new teaching materials
- Effectively lead teaching and learning activities to ensure that students reach the learning outcomes set by Education Team
- To create a sense of community / Participate in the student experience by joining events
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- 2-3 years of experience in UX/UI design projects and design thinking methodologies, UX strategy and research, Figma, HTML5/CSS3
- Fluent in english, as the classes will be imparted in that language; all in-company communication will be in english
- Demonstrates can-do attitude and takes initiative to address problems
- Demonstrates self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses
- Great communication skills and an ability to capture people's attention :)
- You are organized, reliable, communicative, open to feedback
- You have experience or the ability to coach others and that are involved in the UX/UI design community
- Instructional Staff
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We believe in global benefits that help us feel our best and do our best
Flexible work environment
We believe in individual responsibility and autonomy. Enjoy a hybrid work culture and a very flexible environment that promotes your work-live balance
Growth and development
Boost your career with our individual development plans and keep your skills up to date with top-notch training
Fitness and wellness
Access a global network of gyms and studios and enjoy wellness programs thanks to Gympass
Our mission is to impact the lives of our students and of the people working here. We are a global community of passionate Ironhackers and together we are shaping and changing the future of education in a working environment with flat hierarchies
Ironhack is a Global Tech School ranked top 2 worldwide.
Our mission is to help people transform their careers and join a thriving community of tech professionals that love what they do.
We do this through Intensive courses & bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI Design, Data Analytics & Cybersecurity, as well as Career Services aimed at helping our students to be prepared to look for a job after the course.
Lead Instructor - UX/UI Design (Talent Pool)
Loading application form
Already working at Ironhack?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.