Ironhack’s Technology Apprenticeship is an opportunity for STEM college graduates to start their careers in tech. We know it can feel like college didn’t prepare you for the real world. That’s why new hires will receive 9 weeks of technical training, 1 year of an accelerated learning program, career mentorship, and join the 10,000+ Ironhack Alumni all over the world.
Those that are selected will be given a stipend to attend 9 weeks of hands-on technical training led by Ironhack's award-winning teachers and programs. The curriculum is designed to train you to become a Data Analyst, learning Python, SQL, machine learning, data visualization and data engineering.
After your paid training, you’ll be hired by Ironhack and deployed to work as a Data Analyst at an innovative Miami-based FinTech company to grow your career. After 1 year, your client hires you as a permanent employee, building your career even further. This program will fast track your career trajectory for the digital transformation.
The upcoming training launches on August 1st so we will be reviewing resumes ASAP!
What you will learn as a future data analyst:
- Conduct exploratory data analysis; use statistics to understand the nature of data.
- Apply probabilistic thinking to your analysis using intermediate-level statistics: descriptive stats, inferential stats, probability distributions, etc.
- Write simple to complex queries in SQL to extract information from databases in order to manipulate data: SQL clauses, joins, subqueries, stored procedures, functions.
- Manage end-to-end ETL (extract-transform-load) Pipeline: APIs; WebScrapping.
- Use storytelling to and data visualization to increase engagement, understanding, and impact of your presentations.
- Use Tableau as a business intelligence tool: build reports, stories, and dashboards.
- Use Python coding for processing data: Regular expressions, functional programming, Lambda, map, reduce, filter, error handling, OOP.
- Use Pandas, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Scikit Learn, and other popular libraries to build your analysis with Python.
- Build different machine learning models (supervised and unsupervised) to make predictions, compare different models, and choose the best performing model:
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors or Masters
- Open to all areas of study and majors, preferably STEM. No technical background required
- Must be graduated senior and have US work eligibility (require no sponsor). Due to the nature of this role, Ironhack cannot provide sponsorship for the US.
- Great soft skills! This is a client-facing role. You’ll be tasked with working in a team and in a professional environment
- The role is in Miami
- Must be willing to work an in-person environment
- 1 year of accelerated mentorship and tech training
- Health insurance/Dental insurance/Vision Insurance
- Competitive Salary with milestone raises every 6 months
- Free bootcamp valued at $13,000
- Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors
- Global alumni network of 10,000+ Ironhack grads