Our mission is to be the most outcomes-driven institution in the world at scale! We are a global marketplace for tech talent, where we offer tech bootcamps and partner with companies to impact the lives of our students in a meaningful way. We empower students to create a new career path in tech, get that next promotion, or start their own company.
- Operations in 10 locations worldwide
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 11.000 students
- 200+ global team members
- Venture capital backed
#Why join Ironhack
Our culture is characterized by collaboration, which is the way we roll. We like to take on challenges with a smile on our face! We work in flat hierarchies with open communication. Join Ironhack and we guarantee a bootcamp-paced learning experience in a high growth environment, where together we can change the future of education!
- Competitive salary
- Start date: 7 November 2022 (9 weeks)
- End date: 6 January 2023
- Teach remotely from Monday to Friday from 9.00-18.00h
- Onboarding 1 week prior to the bootcamp Monday to Friday
- A platform to explore teaching
- Opportunity to make an impact
- Contribute to a globally taught curriculum
- Strengthen your leadership, management, and coaching skills
- Internal mobility to become an SME or Curriculum Engineer
- Being part of a fun and social learning environment
#About the gig
We are looking for a Lead Teacher for our Full-time Java Bootcamp who is passionate about coding, but also passionate about sharing their knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Teacher is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from their educational journey and real-world experience.
The Ironhack experience
- Oversee the whole academic experience of the Ironhack bootcamp
- Manage the Teaching Assistants to support the success of the class
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user experience solutions
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum
- Collaborate with Program Managers to ensure that students and the client achieve their goals
- Administer assessment tasks and give students timely and accurate feedback on learning outcomes
Collaborate with Global Team
- Collaborate with Curriculum Engineers to improve the curriculum
- Work with the global team in the rollout of new teaching materials
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, build your own lesson plans as needed, and contribute back your lessons learned over time
- Creating engaging content for our JAVA courses that may include lessons, exercises, and/or mini-projects
- To create a sense of community / Participate in the student experience by joining events
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Technologies & skills with 2-3 years professional experience:
- Understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Strong Java knowledge
Web Design (HTML / CSS frameworks)
- Fluent in English and Spanish. The course will be taught in Spanish, but corporate communication is mostly in English
Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated.
Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)
What you will teach
- Java Programming
- Spring boot
- TDD with JUnit
- JDBC and JPA
- Version Control with Git & GitHub