Ironhack is an edtech company that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works! We are a global marketplace for tech talent, where we offer bootcamps and partner with companies to empower students to create a new career path in tech, get that next promotion, or start their own company.
● Operations in 10 locations worldwide
● 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
● Graduated over 11.000 students
● 200+ global team members
● Venture capital backed
#Why join Ironhack
Our culture is characterized by collaboration, which is the way we roll. We like to take on challenges with a smile on our face! We work in flat hierarchies with open communication. Join Ironhack and we guarantee a bootcamp-paced learning experience in a high growth environment, where together we can change the future of education!
Our global benefits:
● Learn to code, design, or analyze data: Enroll in our part-time courses for free!
● Flexible work environment (and remote friendly depending on role)
● A mentor the first 3 months of onboarding
● Individual career development plans with courses to help you build new skills
● Amazing events with our students, team-building activities and company retreat
● Access to Gympass
#About the role:
A large part of the success of Ironhack depends on the data we have. The Data Engineer is a critical role to ensure we have accessibility and good quality data. We are looking for a Data Engineer that will work on our data platform (ETL/ELT, databases). The role can be based in Madrid or Barcelona, although we will work remotely (we may want to meet onsite from time to time).
- Maintain and expand all the components in our data platform and infrastructure
- Design & implement the initiatives on how to improve the performance and the design of the data platform to make the data accessible for the teams
- Working with different sources of data (internals and externals) to process and transform them and make them accessible for other teams
- Working with data generated both locally and globally (we have teams across different countries with different operational needs)
- Your own day: We are a small team so we set priorities and then we work with flexibility.
- Passionate about education and technology!
- Comfortable embracing a culture of constant experimentation
- Really positive, upbeat and social
- Encouraged by challenges and enjoy having tons of autonomy with no bureaucratic BS
- Likes to work in a small team with a variety of challenges
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 3 years of experience as Data Engineer
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling, scalable ETL development, data lakes and data warehousing
- Demonstrated experience in relational databases: design, manipulate and query the data in Postgresql
- Demonstrated experience with Python , testing and CI/CD development. All our ETL processes are built on Python with very high test coverage
- Hands on experience on building a strong governance environment
- Hands on experience on working with different sources of data: we have Salesforce, MongoDB and a bunch of different sources accessible through API
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Liking and understanding on how to work on an agile environment
- Analytical skills and good communication skills, specially with non technical stakeholders
- Comfortable with English speaking
- Knowledge on Airflow is a nice to have