Software Engineer Associate
What does our entry level Software Graduate Program consist of?
Ironhack has partnered with a top global bank for an innovative early career program. Submit your resume to apply as an entry level software engineer. Emerging talent will receive technical onboarding through Ironhack's intensive java training while working at the bank.
This program is designed for people entering their career in tech. You’ll be employed as a software engineer on projects to develop digital banking solutions. Ironhack will provide intensive training to give new employees the hands-on experience and technical knowledge to excel your career at this major bank. After paid training, you'll be incorporated as an entry level software engineer.
After your paid training, you’ll be hired by a leading bank company.
What will you do?
- After getting hired, you’ll receive technical onboarding with IronHack’s intensive technical bootcamp.
- You will have to work both on a team and independently, developing skills that you will use on the job.
- You will be introduced to many technologies and will know which one to apply according to your needs.
- You will apply the best industry standard and best practices for developing applications.
What will you learn?
- Java fundamentals and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Managing relational databases like MySQL.
- Creating REST API using Spring Boot.
- Securing your application using Spring Security.
- Leverage JPA system to persist data of your application using Spring Data.
- How to use GIT and organize your work in an AGILE way.
- How to write Unit tests following the TDD methodology.
- Read and write technical documentation to illustrate your work.
- HTML, CSS and JS.
- Latest frontend frameworks/libraries (Angular/React/Vue)
Day to day job duties as a Software Engineer:
- Working to build the latest digital banking applications
- Code, test and debug applications
- Designer or write programming specs based on teams needs
- Convert designs and specifications into function code
- Compile code to detect and correct errors during development and execution
- Create test cases to confirm applications meets requirements
- Write and maintain documentation of changes
- Design and code interfaces for the user
- Identify, analyst and solve problems related to existing systems
- Coordinate with team members to review code developments within the application
- Studied STEM career, have a bachelor’s degree or associate degree in any other field of studies or previous experience in IT or coding.
- Good level of English and Spanish is a must spoken and written.
- Based in South Florida or Puerto Rico (Employment start date of early June).
- Capability to adapt to quick changes.
- Learning oriented mindset.
- A great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- 12 weeks of hands-on training covering topics such as Java, SQL, JPA, Spring Boot, Microservices, TypeScript, and Angular
- Immediate incorporation as Software Engineer Associate after successfully completing the bootcamp, which includes: Competitive salary and full benefits, hybrid work environment, continuous development and technical training, PTO.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico, Miami
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
We believe in global benefits that help us feel our best and do our best
Flexible work environment
We believe in individual responsibility and autonomy. Enjoy a hybrid work culture and a very flexible environment that promotes your work-live balance
Growth and development
Boost your career with our individual development plans and keep your skills up to date with top-notch training
Fitness and wellness
Access a global network of gyms and studios and enjoy wellness programs thanks to Gympass
Our mission is to impact the lives of our students and of the people working here. We are a global community of passionate Ironhackers and together we are shaping and changing the future of education in a working environment with flat hierarchies
Ironhack is a Global Tech School ranked top 2 worldwide.
Our mission is to help people transform their careers and join a thriving community of tech professionals that love what they do.
We do this through Intensive courses & bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI Design, Data Analytics & Cybersecurity, as well as Career Services aimed at helping our students to be prepared to look for a job after the course.
Software Engineer Associate
Loading application form
Already working at Ironhack?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.