City Manager Berlin
Ironhack is an edtech company that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works! We are a global marketplace for tech talent, where we offer bootcamps and partner with companies to empower students to create a new career path in tech, get that next promotion, or start their own company.
- Operations in 10 locations worldwide
- Graduated over 11.000 students
- 200+ global team members
- Venture capital backed
#Why join Ironhack
Our culture is characterized by collaboration, which is the way we roll. We like to take on challenges with a smile on our face! We work in flat hierarchies with open communication. Join Ironhack and we guarantee a bootcamp-paced learning experience in a high growth environment, where together we can change the future of education!
- Remote-friendly policy for Global Team employees and work-from-home specific policies for Local Team employees
- 20 + 6 working days of holidays per year
- Gympass full access
- Eloomi full access
- Learn to code, design, or analyze data: Enroll in our part-time courses for free!
- Health insurance
- A mentor the first 3 months of onboarding
- Individual career development plans with courses to help you build new skills
- Amazing events with our students, team-building activities and company retreat
#About the role
A large part of the success of Ironhack depends on out City Managers and their lead of the full operation of Ironhack's business where we have presence. The City Manager is a critical role to ensure we make the business grow, while providing excellent customer experience.
We’re looking for a City Manager for our Berlin Campus that will lead amazing team of mission-driven individuals and who has both vision and execution skills to lead. The City Manager will report to our General Manager in Germany, and is based in Berlin.
#About the gig
- Adapt global strategy to local needs and leads its execution to drive growth, student experience, placements rates, and profitability goals for the campus
- Build a fun, collaborative, high-performing culture and the best environment for our people and students
- Be the face of Ironhack internally and externally, representing Ironhack at events and with prospective students
- Develop relationships with companies & other educational institutions and close strategic partnerships
- Co-create and drive execution of local marketing strategy to increase brand awareness
- Manage all operations related aspects of the campus removing blockers, solve problems and show a can-do attitude through ambiguity
- Collaborate with functional teams to drive continuous improvement in your campus
- Identify and communicate product and curriculum needs to product and education teams and share local best practices to scale across the organization
- Report directly to the General Manager to build the local growth strategy
#Is this you?
- 3 to 6+ years of experience in business development, managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, and delivering business goals
- You are entrepreneurial. Perhaps you have managed your our own business or run a business unit within a company
- Solid leadership experience
- Successfully built and managed high performing teams of 5-10 people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Passionate about education and changing people’s lives
- Results-oriented, data-driven with a strong bias for action
- Enjoy community building and love connecting people
- Big picture individual who is comfortable with execution
- Really positive. Smile often and have fun to work with :)
- The moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done
- 100% do-er attitude
- Comfortable both drafting a memo and making a presentation to an audience
- Have a strong network in the startup and/or tech ecosystem in Berlin
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
We believe in global benefits that help us feel our best and do our best
Flexible work environment
We believe in individual responsibility and autonomy. Enjoy a hybrid work culture and a very flexible environment that promotes your work-live balance
Growth and development
Boost your career with our individual development plans and keep your skills up to date with top-notch training
Fitness and wellness
Access a global network of gyms and studios and enjoy wellness programs thanks to Gympass
Our mission is to impact the lives of our students and of the people working here. We are a global community of passionate Ironhackers and together we are shaping and changing the future of education in a working environment with flat hierarchies
Ironhack is a Global Tech School ranked top 2 worldwide.
Our mission is to help people transform their careers and join a thriving community of tech professionals that love what they do.
We do this through Intensive courses & bootcamps in Web Development, UX/UI Design, Data Analytics & Cybersecurity, as well as Career Services aimed at helping our students to be prepared to look for a job after the course.
City Manager Berlin
Loading application form
Already working at Ironhack?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.