Our mission is to be the most outcome-driven institution in the world! We’re a global marketplace for tech talent, where we offer tech bootcamps and partner with companies to impact the lives of our students in a meaningful way. We empower students to create a new career path in tech, get that next promotion, or start their own company.
- We operate on 8 campuses worldwide
- We’ve graduated over 15,000 students
- We have 140 global team members
- We’re venture capital-backed
#Why join Ironhack?
Our culture is characterized by collaboration, which is the way we roll. We like to take on challenges with a smile on our face! We work in flat hierarchies with open communication. Join Ironhack and we guarantee a bootcamp-paced learning experience in a high-growth environment, where we can change the future of education together!
- Remote-friendly policy for Global Team employees
- 22 working days of holidays per year
- Flexi Fridays (6 hour workday)
- Full access to Eloomi
- Enroll in our part-time courses for free: learn to code, design, or analyze data
- Honest Greens partnership for an employee discount on healthy meal
- A mentor for the first three months of onboarding
- Individual career development plans with courses to help you build new skills
- Unique events with our students and team-building activities
#About the role
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented People and Culture Associate to join our team. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about both the technical aspects of payroll and the enhancement of our company culture.
A large part of the success of Ironhack depends on our engaged, mission-driven, and highly effective teams. The People and Culture Associate is a critical role to ensure we have a world-class people process that effectively engages, develops, incentivizes, and retains top talent.
- Payroll Processing: manage the end-to-end payroll process, ensuring accurate and timely payments to all employees, both international and local.
- Benefits Administration: assist with managing employee benefits programs.
- Data Management: maintain accurate payroll records and employee data, including salary changes, deductions, and tax information.
- Payroll Reporting: generate payroll reports and provide relevant data to finance and HR teams as needed.
- Payroll Issue Resolution: address and resolve payroll-related inquiries from employees promptly and professionally.
Culture and Operations (20%)
- Onboarding: assist in the onboarding process for new hires, ensuring a smooth transition into the company.
- Employee Engagement: collaborate to plan and execute employee engagement initiatives.
- Policy Compliance: assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with company values and legal requirements.
- Employee Records: maintain and update employee records, ensuring confidentiality and accuracy.
- Culture Enhancement: participate in culture-building activities and contribute ideas for promoting a positive and inclusive workplace.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll processing and HR operations, including knowledge of payroll software (we use ADP) and HRIS system (we use hibob)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all payroll-related tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion. Professional working fluency in English is required
- Collaborative attitude and the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot payroll issues effectively
- Passion for fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture
#Nice to have
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, or GPHR certification
- HR experience in a multinational startup
- Certification or demonstrable experience in coaching and/or conflict management
- Understanding of European labor laws strongly preferred
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience building and implementing employee onboarding/offboarding, engagement programs, and Employer Branding.