Our mission is to be the most outcome-driven institution in the world! We’re a global marketplace for tech talent, where we offer tech bootcamps and partner with companies to impact the lives of our students in a meaningful way. We empower students to create a new career path in tech, get that next promotion, or start their own company.
- We operate on 8 campuses worldwide
- We’ve graduated over 15,000 students
- We have 140 global team members
- We’re venture capital-backed
#Why join Ironhack?
Our culture is characterized by collaboration, which is the way we roll. We like to take on challenges with a smile on our face! We work in flat hierarchies with open communication. Join Ironhack and we guarantee a bootcamp-paced learning experience in a high-growth environment, where we can change the future of education together!
- Remote-friendly policy for Global Team employees and work-from-home specific policies for Local Team employees
- Full access to Eloomi
- Enroll in our part-time courses for free: learn to code, design, or analyze data
- A mentor for the first three months of onboarding
- Individual career development plans with courses to help you build new skills
- Unique events with our students and team-building activities
#About the role
As General Manager Portugal you will be responsible for the full operation of Ironhack’s business in Portugal, including our in-person campus and online operations. This is a leadership position for someone who has both vision and execution skills to lead and make the business grow, with full P&L ownership and relentless focus on being one of the top tech schools in Portugal and beyond!
This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Ironhack, requiring a wide set of skills ranging from operational, analytical, marketing, business development and leadership abilities. Our General Managers thrive in an environment that is results-oriented, fast-paced and collaborative. They are big-picture individuals who are not afraid to get their hands dirty to deliver results. They are accountable not only for growing the business and financial metrics but also for an amazing team of mission-driven individuals who are extremely passionate about what we do! You will lead a diverse team that includes growth managers, program managers, career coaches, partnership managers, teachers, and teaching assistants.
- In charge of expanding the campus and remote business lines, you own the Portugal P&L and lead and develop a cross-functional team of ~8 people.
- Build a fun, collaborative, high-performing culture and the best environment for our people and students
- Adapt global strategy to market needs and lead its execution to drive growth, brand awareness, high quality student experience, outstanding outcomes, and profitability goals for the region.
- Define and own the marketing strategy in the Portugal, ensure coherence and coordination between the local growth team and the central marketing team
- Be the face of Ironhack internally and externally, representing Ironhack at events, trade shows, conferences, panels, and particularly towards the public sector.
- Develop relationships with companies, educational institutions & tech communities, close strategic partnerships
- Understand the competitive landscape and our strategic positioning, stay abreast of industry best practices
- Identify market trends and growth opportunities, product & curriculum developments that will continue positioning Ironhack as one of the best bootcamps on your market
- Collaborate with central functional teams (Data, Product, Education, HR, Finance) to drive continuous improvement in your region
- Report directly to our Chief Growth Officer
- 8+ years of experience in similar roles, building brand strategies and demonstrating solid leadership
- You are entrepreneurial. Perhaps you have managed your our own business or run a business unit within a company
- Passionate about education and changing people’s lives
- Result-oriented with a strong bias for action
- Experience building communities and love connecting people
- Big picture individual who is comfortable with the execution
- Really positive. Smile often and have fun to work with :)
- The moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done.
- Comfortable both drafting a memo and making a presentation to an audience, in English and Portuguese
- Strong network in the tech ecosystem in Portugal.